Professional Experience & Education:
• Advanced training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), considered one of the most (if not the most) empirically validated forms of couples therapy. Research studies have found that 70-75% of couples undergoing EFT successfully move from distress to recovery, and approximately 90% show significant improvements.
• MS degree in Marriage & Family Counseling from . NNU
• LDS Family Services Internship over two years of training and counseling experience
• Facilitator for men’s and women’s support groups . at LifeStar (a pornography and sex addiction recovery program)
• BS degree in Family Science from BYU
Tyler is a 3rd generation Idahoan. He remembers what things were like back when Eagle Road was a two-lane country road and Meridian was nothing but fields and dairy farms. His grandfather attended Boise High School, his parents attended Borah High School, and Tyler graduated from Centennial High. He is the oldest of 6 children and has 5 younger sisters. Being raised with all sisters gave him experience talking about feelings and emotions.
His parents were both big on adventure, and took the family waterskiing, dirt biking, camping, and on many vacations to McCall.
Tyler and and his wife Rhonda met and got married in 1995. He smelled her perfume at a local country dance. Today, they are the proud parents of 7 wonderful children, with a 19-year span from the oldest to the youngest. They understand many of the challenges that families face. They know that relationships are hard, grow you in ways you didn’t know you needed, and can bring much joy and fulfillment!
Tyler is an outdoor enthusiast, and especially loves being around the water. His adventures include skiing, boating, mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, backpacking, climbing a frozen waterfall in Alaska.